1. What is the purpose of the Nonprofit Center of North Central Florida?
The mission of the Nonprofit Center of North Central Florida, a 501(c)3 organization, is to cultivate support, growth and community awareness to assist nonprofit organizations in successfully fulfilling their missions. We strive to provide relevant, compelling professional/leadership development and networking opportunities through educational workshops, programs and events for nonprofit staff, board members and key stakeholders. Ultimately we strive to foster improvements in infrastructure and economic development for the nonprofit sectors in North Central Florida.
2. What service(s) does the Nonprofit Center provide?
The Nonprofit Center hosts between 2 to 5 relevant, compelling, educational programs and networking opportunities per month to assist nonprofit organizations in fulfilling their missions. Additionally, the Nonprofit Center hosts the annual Nonprofit Expo and Nonprofit Summit.
For more information on upcoming events, please visit our Event Calendar.
3. How else can the Nonprofit Center help nonprofit organizations and the community?
The Nonprofit Center believes in the diverse resources in our community, such as the premiere educational facilities, Chambers of Commerce, Community Foundations, professional associations and numerous corporate citizens. We endeavor to connect nonprofit organizations with our services to assist them in the full spectrum of nonprofit management, professional and leadership development.
4. How can I support the Nonprofit Center? How is the Nonprofit Center funded?
- Membership: Nonprofit organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c) corporation (1-29) may possess a Nonprofit Organization Membership with the Nonprofit Center.
- Programs: The Nonprofit Center relies on fees collected from the educational programs and workshops offered throughout the year.
- Donations: The Nonprofit Center’s funding model is supported by grants, private foundation contributions and donations from corporate citizens and philanthropic individuals.